The effectiveness of your home’s design will play a significant role in how happy your future life in it turns out to be. Due to this, a lot of people are following the guidelines set forth by Vastu Shastra, an ancient Hindu architectural philosophy that contends that directional alignments produce spiritual harmony. While most of us are aware of the importance of Vastu Shastra, few of us are sure how to apply it to our homes.
All social gatherings in the house take place in the living room. Hence, the living room design must be cosy as well as warm and welcoming for visitors so that the family may get along and spend some quality time alone. By using these Vastu tips, one may design a living room that ensures the correct energy enters your home.
The main door, which typically leads into the living room, serves as a portal for both positive and negative energy to enter the space.
- The entrance door is most suitable in the north, east, and north-east directions.
- The entrance ought to have good lighting, a lovely nameplate, and a floral toran.
- A shoe rack shouldn’t be put close to the door.
Direction of the Living Room:
- The living room should face the north, east, northeast, or northwest according to Vastu.
- If there is a dining space that is connected to the living room, it should be placed near the kitchen and to the east or southeast of the living room.
- The puja room should be placed northeast of the living room in a house with an open floor layout.
- Which direction should the TV face? Ideally, the TV should be installed in the Southeast corner of the living room. The north east or the south west directions are best avoided when it comes to placing your TV in the social space in the house so that the positive energies in the room are not blocked.
- Avoid rounded or strange-shaped furniture; instead, opt for square or rectangular items. Compared to synthetic materials, wooden furniture vibrates with a higher energy.
- The living room’s heavy furniture, including sofas, should be arranged towards the west or southwest corner.
- Place the sofa up against the east or north wall.
- Place the TV stand on the living room’s southeast wall.
- Vastu claims that various energies are drawn to different colours. Neutral colours like white, cream, and beige are preferable to dark hues. For the living room, you could also think about colours like blue, green, or warm yellow.
- Throw pillows and accessories in rich shades of turquoise, pink, or gold will add richness and highlight the living room’s dcor.
- Avoid using dark red and black colours since, according to Vastu, they tend to absorb bad energy.
Living room decor:
- Keep the living area tidy and uncluttered at all times. Clear the living room of extra furniture and unwanted possessions.
- Make sure your living room is tastefully decorated, matches your lifestyle, and creates feelings of happiness and serenity.
- Never use artwork or furnishings to adorn the living room that portray grief or despair. Remove objects like shattered glass, broken mirrors, and electrical gadgets that don’t operate since, according to Vastu, they tend to draw ill luck and negative energy.
- Avoid putting dried flowers, a bonsai, or a cactus in the living room and instead include artwork that highlights the beauty of nature. Real flowers, on the other hand, draw in good energy whereas dried flowers, on the other hand, draw in negativity.
- Decorate your living area with plants that purify the air, such as peace lilies, money plants, spider plants, areca palms, and snake plants.
- Install a fish tank on the north, east, or northeast side of the living room to create a calm and pleasant atmosphere.